Monday, January 28, 2013

Non-December December Daily Lapbook....in progress


This is my "not quite" finished lapbook...it was inspired by Kathy Orta's (from Paper Phenomenon) December Daily Lapbook on Youtube. Seeing that I started this lapbook AFTER Christmas, I am designing this to hold photos and memorabilia. It will actually be a gift for a dear friend (if I ever finish it!). The "bones" of the album/lapbook is complete....I need to make tags and possibly some more mini inserts. This book holds TONS and tons of tags!! Obviously I also need to embellish the album, although I probably won't go tooo crazy as I think my friend would prefer something simple. So far, I've completed 2 mini inserts...one I show pictures of...and because this lapbook is good-sized with large pockets, this insert is esentially a mini album. The other one is not complete, it is still basic black cardstock, so I will show in more detail once I add the patterned paper. These file folders came already decorated...I got them for $3 (for 9 of them) at my local Marshall's. What a deal, huh??!!! I just couldn't resist sharing how this book is coming along...I hope you like it!!!



Mini Album Insert (front cover)

Top view of the Lapbook

Inside pages of the mini album insert

Inside pages of the mini album insert

"Booklet" tag for mini album insert

Mini album insert page with flap that lifts up. 



Lapbook with mini album insert in front of it

View of some of the pockets on the Lapbook


No comments:

Post a Comment