Thursday, March 7, 2013

Very Pretty...VERY Pink Paris Junk Journal!!

Yikes...it seems as if I haven't posted anything interesting or pretty (that's actually assuming any of my creations ARE actually interesting or pretty!) in a very very VERY long time!! Although that is 100% true...the good news is that my blog laziness didn't translate into creative laziness!! In fact, I've been SOOOO busy creating, that I totally slacked and flaked on uploading pics of my creations into the computer! Even better news is I just uploaded a fairly decent number of pics...and I have many more creations that I haven't even taken photos of yet!! YIKES! I better get busy!! I do want to start with pics of one of my absolute favorite creations thus far...it's a VERY pink Paris junk journal. In fact...that's what I've just decided to call this new fav of mine...the Pretty Pink Paris Junk Journal (say that 3x fast!! hahah)  It's so pretty that I can't even bring myself to journal in it...only flip through it's pages and stare! I hope others find it as pretty (I know you'll agree that it's VERY pink!!)

Cover of my Pretty Pink Paris Junk Journal 
I just love these pink textured journaling cards! I've been saving them for eons ...waiting for  JUST the right inspiration...


I also love these little Paris Papers w/ the little pink Eiffel Towel  up top. I''ll admit, I've been saving these papers (they originally came as a pad of paper) for quite some time as well. I may have a paper hoarding problem....or a pretty embellishment hoarding problem! Actually ....seems a little of both, doesn't it!! 

On the left I've created a pocket with one of my precious pink journaling cards....


These tiny black and white polka dot lunch bags (that I've ALSO been hoarding) go perfectly in this album, don't you think???

On the left is a leftover white envelope...behind the little Paris paper is a scrap of  a  pink file folder. I cut a tab out on the right side of each file folder scrap. 

More pockets created from my pink journaling cards

I glued this journaling card onto the tiny lunch bag & created a side pocket for some variety. 


On the left, I've created a flap (flap is open in the above pic) with some pink cardstock. I glued another white envelope inside the flap page. Tucked inside the envelope is another PINK Paris piece of fun....otherwise known as a little pocket notebook.  

Here is the flap cardstock page closed...

This is the back side of the pink cardstock flap page. I've added a pocket and tucked in a small pink Paris  sticky pad. On the left is the inside of the back cover...I've used a leftover piece of vinyl from an old notebook for the front and back covers. Both pieces have a pocket. In this pocket, I've tucked a tag and a small envelope book I created. 

Back outside view of back cover with another tag and another small pocket notebook tucked into the pocket of the vinyl piece. 

Overview of all the pretty pink pages!


Sorry, the order of these pics seems to be sorta random...this is another small lunchbag and a cardstock page  (on right). I've used ribbon (on left) and designer paper (on right) across the middle of both pages, just gluing down at the edges, allowing me to slip a journaling card/tag underneath. 

Another envelope (left) and another scrap piece of file folder (on right).

Another pink cardstock flap page with a pocket

This is the inside view of the cover page (on the right). 

A cardstock flap page shown with the flap open.

Back view of flap cardstock page with another pocket for my pretty pink journaling cards!

Another journaling card with holes punched and used as a page. On the left is a saved greeting card envelope. I've covered any writing up with stickers.

Well that is all the pictures I have to share with you (hope I didn't put anyone to sleep ...I just couldn't resist taking as many pictures as I could !) I have another new 2nd runner up favorite creation to share as well, but I think I will pace myself and shoot for tomorrow. It is another junk journal...and no it's not pink! I actually keep adding tags, pages and other embellishments to the journal, so my photos need some updating to capture all I've added. Below is a peek at one of my pages (before I went crazy with adding things!)

2 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful journal! I love it! I'm now a follower (the first one!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words !! I just looovee making junk journals!

      Delete