Saturday, March 23, 2013

Think...Happy Thoughts (Junk Journal)

Warning: Lots of pics ahead! This is my Happy Thoughts Junk Journal. I've named it this from the quotes and journaling cards I've chosen for this journal...they all are motivating or inspiring ...or happy....and some are just my all time favs. The paper line is DCWV...color scheme is red, blue, pink with some yellow...it works amazingly enough! Lots of repurposed greeting card envelopes, some library cards, altered file folders and mostly the decorative paper you see here on the front!. Hope you enjoy!


Cover of my Happy Thoughts Junk Journal. Actual cover is a vinyl pocket reused and resized from an old  notebook. 

On the right is a pocket that also has a fold out page. Library card is peeking out from the pocket. 

Page on left has a side pocket. Right hand page is from a pad of paper I thought was pretty and matched this journal.

Left hand page is a library pocket of sorts...right hand page, I've made a pocket from a  paper doiley. 

Left hand page has a small pocket...right hand page is a clear plastic pocket (reused from some packaging). In this pocket are some quotes and tags.

Left hand page has another small pocket and right hand page is a library pocket.

Left hand page has a pocket mid-page...right hand page is a bingo card and a repurposed envelope behind it!

Right hand page is an altered manila file folder which folds out. I've created a pocket from this vintage advertisement I printed. On the left is the back of another library pocket.

Left hand page is a repurposed yellow envelope...this view is of the back, where I've added a pocket. Right hand page is a tall think pocket. 

Another repurposed envelope on the right with some journaling cards inside. 

Right hand page is another altered file folder. This page also flips out and contains pockets. 

Left hand page is the back of the altered file folder with the flap opened out. this is one of my favorite quotes adhered. On the right is another repurposed envelope ...I've attached a small pocket to it. 

Right hand page flips out. 

On the right, I've made a pocket out of tracing paper....was looking for new ideas for my pockets!

On the right is the inside of the back cover....again it is a repurposed piece of vinyl with a pocket ....containing  a great quote!

another repurposed envelope on the left.

On the right is a side pocket page. 


Lots of pockets! On the right I've created a pocket from a vintage postcard (adhered to the back of another repurposed envelope. 



And finally....a view of the back cover!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! This is a fantastic junk journal. I recognize alot of those papers--have the same ones--LOL! I hope you'll visit my blog for some inspiration as well. http://scrapmomsmusings.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete